Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to your surgical procedure. You can drink only water up until two (2) hours prior to your procedure.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office and drive you home, and be with you for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past your elbow (lose T-shirt and long sweat pants), as well as close toed shoes.
- Contact lenses must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Leave all watches, jewelry, cell phones and other valuables at home. We will not be liable for lost articles.
- Do not wear lipstick, makeup, nail polish or any jewelry on the day of surgery.
- If you have been given preoperative medications, please take them as directed.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, flu, sore throat, cough, or upset stomach, please notify our office, Aberdeen Office Phone Number 360-612-3034.
* 48 hour notice of cancellation is expected and greatly appreciated